IT424 – Networks two
Tutorial_1 (recap on systems 1 module)
1 . Give two advantages and two disadvantages intended for using a layered architecture.
2 . How come a modem needed for info communications in the telephone system?
3. What is the principal big difference between connectionless communication and connection-oriented communication?
5. What are the key functions with the network coating?
5. What are the main functions in the Data Hyperlink Layer?
six. Using a graph, explain the between an end system, a hub, a switch (or bridge) and a router in terms of the layers displayed in each.
7. Talk about the main variations between hubs, switches and routers
eight. What is the between a host and a finish system? List the types of end systems. Is known as a Web hardware an end system?
9. Precisely what is the circular trip time (RTT)? Precisely what is the purpose of the TTL (time to live) field inside the IP datagram header?
Aim: The student can become familiar with numerous automated equipment used to probe the Internet. They are titled ping, traceroute (tracert) 1 . Titled ping: In the control prompt type ‘ping' and check the list of arguments and flags a. Ping localhost to determine the ping software is operating; ping ought to report which the destination can be alive b. Choose a famous site just like www.google.com. And use ping to determine if the site is usually reachable c. Use ping to test if you can reach three different computers on the Internet and list three round trip times m. Find one site that is true that you aren't reach and list thier name e. Experiment with packet size in titled ping. Choose several different sizes. Does packet size affect round trip time?
2 . Traceroute: In the control prompt type ‘tracert' and check the set of arguments and flags Perform a tracert between source and destination in same country at 3 different hours of the day (check www.traceroute.org) a. Find the quantity of routers inside the path at each of the three hours. Do the routes change during...